A NEWLY elected member of Pembrokeshire County Council has taken to social media to say that he will not be voting at the general election.
County Councillor Paul Dowson, who scraped into a seat in Pembroke Dock Central ward by just a few votes, and who says that he is a firm believer that every vote counts, has admitted that he cannot be comfortable with voting for any party on June 8.
In the Facebook rant on the Pembrokeshire Council Watch group, he said today (May 16): “I am a big advocate for not wasting a vote, especially since winning my own campaign by just four votes.
“Having said this I will technically be wasting my vote in the general election. There isn’t one party I would be comfortable voting for.
“Tories are exactly as majority of people say and could someone like me ever associate myself with that brand of politics. Elitist toffs with no sense of what the real world is about. Crap leader and no one with an ounce of leadership essentials waiting in the wings
“Labour have gone from being a down to earth hard working persons party. To a bunch of molly coddled PC obsessed gang of spineless liberal hippies.
“Corbyn makes me want to shake him and give him the back of my hand. Has about 10% of the required elements to justify his existence as a Man! The other 90% are definitely girl or hippy derived.
“I think Mr Tierney is a good candidate but would not vote for him because of the labour party lacking courage. Sorry Marc.
“Liberal Democrats …yeah right.
“UKIP. .. Brilliant principles right ideas tick most of my boxes..
“Farage though not a hope wrong leader unvotable.
“The remainder of the parties… What benefits would there be for voting for a party with no hope?”
Cllr Dowson concluded: “I guess in my situation I have to waste my vote.”
The candidates for the Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire ward are Alistair Cameron, Welsh Liberal Democracts, Phil Edwards, UKIP Wales, Simon Hart, Welsh Conservative Party, Abi Thomas, Plaid Cymru The Party of Wales, Mac Tierney, Welsh Labour.